The Crystal Palace Triathlon is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when you enter our race, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Crystal Palace Triathlon complies with the requirements set out in the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation. You can obtain further information about the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR by visiting the GOV.uk website.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 3 February 2019.
What we collect
We collect the following personal information:
- Name, Address, Date of Birth
- British Triathlon membership number and Club (if applicable)
- Contact information including email address
- Emergency contact details
Use of your information
We require this information to:
- contact you with regards to your race entry
- to provide services to enable participation in our event
- distribute email notifications relating to the event
- contact your emergency contact in event of emergency
- periodically send promotional mail or emails about relevant special offers or events, where consent is provided.
Sharing of Information
The Crystal Palace Triathlon does not sell or rent any personal information or data supplied by you to a third party.
We may provide selected third parties with information for the performance of any contract we enter into with you (for example, third party service providers to help in areas such as event registration, timing and results).
We will provide the British Triathlon Federation (BTF) with race results for the purpose of providing membership services only and for the compilation of anonymised statistical information and London League results. We share your personal information with our timing company to enable them to record and report race results.
Retention of Personal Information
We keep your information for as long as necessary to organise and run the event. An archive of
results from previous year’s races is kept and available on the websites of Crystal Palace Triathlon,
British Triathlon and the timing company. This will includes your name, age group and club (if
Questions, Comments and Complaints