We have a wide range of abilities aged 8 to 16, from beginners who can just manage a 25m swim to top athletes who qualify to represent London at the yearly national championships.
Training is fun but with enough of a competitive element to meet the demands of juniors who want to be the best they can.
There are a number of events run by organisations in and around London. These include triathlons, aquathlons and duathlons. We provide details so your junior can enter as many or as few as they wish.
And did you know that Alex Yee was a junior member at the club!
You must be a member to train with the Club.
- Aged 8 to 16 on 31 December
- Able to swim at least 25m continuously – we do have juniors at this level to help improve them although most can swim longer distances
- Able to ride a bike
- If you are currently 16 but turn 17 during 2021 please join as a junior adult member.
- Tuesday 6-7.30pm or 7-8.30pm depending on age and ability at Herne Hill Velodrome
- Monday 8-9pm
- Thursday 7.30-8.30pm
at West Norwood Leisure Centre
- Wednesday 6.30-7.30pm at Crystal Palace Park
Juniors are required to do a swim trial to check they can swim the minimum 25m. They can also try out a cycling and running session if they wish. There’s no charge for this. Trials must be booked in advance through the junior coordinator link below. Please provide the age of the junior.
To book a trial or ask any questions please email our Junior membership coordinator.
£250 a year (adjusted when joining during the year – see below) plus a £40 joining fee. There’s also a cost of around £3 when training on the running track at Crystal Palace – normally during winter months.
|Joining month||Joining fee||Training fee||Total joining and training fee as new member|
Please email our Junior membership coordinator.
Join Triathlon England today to benefit from their exclusive membership package.
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Accident Legal Service
- Reduced race entry
- No day licence fees